Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Best of 2011

During 2011 I didn't focus so much on photography, as much of my time was spent with relocation to Sweden and building Photozeit.

1. Nürnberg - I spent most of this holiday with my camera in B&W mode, and this helped capture the mood of this beautiful old city.

Nürnberg

2. Lily flower - opportune timing after some rain while staying with Mary-anne's Queensland retreat.

Lily Flower

3. Uppsala Sunset - the advantage of the short winter days is that the golden hour extends for quite some time. This was shot on the way home to our apartment in Uppsala early in 2011.

Uppsala Sunset

4. Ice Hotel - the hotel in the north of Sweden is very dramatic.

Ice Hotel

5. Northern Lights - also while in the north, we saw the aurora borealis from the Abisko Mountain Station. I really regret leaving my tripod in Melbourne, as this was shot with a long exposure and the camera hand-held against a railing on a balcony.

Northern Lights

6.a. Ladurée - a wonderful tea house in Paris, these were a few of the things we picked up, captured by Parisian window light.

Lauduree

6.b. Eifel Tower - being my second trip to Paris, I tried for a slightly different angle to the tower. I think it will take a few more trips to get a great shot.

Eifel Tower

7. Sailing boat - taken from a ferry in the archipelago near Stockholm, the old style sails add to the painterly feel of the shot.

Sailing boat in Stockholm's archipelago

8. Gardens of Drottningholm Palace - I really like the autumn colours and the offset nature of the couple sitting on the chair.

Gardens of Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm

9. Drottningholm Palace - nice autumn light and a good mix of clouds helps highlight the palace.

Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm

10. Red Tulips - from our visit to Keukenhof, this was my favourite shot. The stray drop of water on the front tulip always catches my eye.

Red Tulips, Keukenhof Netherlands


Earlier posts are here: 2010, 2009, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment