Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best of 2010

I'm a bit behind on best of posts. Last year was quite hectic with moving to Sweden, however 2010 was a good year for me spending time making photos.

I use a very similar process to Martin Bailey in narrowing down my selection, and he has a great post describing it here.

These are my picks from 2010:

1. Bitterballen - a Dutch delight that M cooked, and then I took the photo. I'm happy with the context shown by the mustards (in Chinese tea cups).

Bitterballen


2. Penguin - taken by torchlight in the St Kilda breakwater.

Penguin, St Kilda Breakwater



3. Gardens of the Louvre - fortunate timing led to snow in Paris, and this arrangement of chairs receding in the background caught my eye.

Gardens of the Louvre

4. Sticky Date Pudding - one of my favourite desserts, with delicious caramel peanut brittle in ice cream.

Sticky Date Pudding

5.a. Olympus Pen - found this camera in Vietnam, and it marks my first attempts at using film.

Olympus Pen EES-2

5.b. Michelle - the Olympus takes two photos to a 35mm frame, and this dual image worked well together.

F1090009.jpg

6. Wedding Dance - we were lucky to attend a wedding in the Swedish city of Örebro.

Wedding Dance, Örebro

7. Camp Cooinda 50th - an interesting view of Jack, the MC, speaking at Camp Cooinda's 50th.

Camp Cooinda 50th

8. Lauren - from a portrait session in 2010.

Lauren #2

9. Sleeping Lemur - taken at Singapore Zoo when trying out my 100mm macro lens.

Sleeping Lemur

10. Highway travel - Indian roads were quite an adventure, and this was one of the shepherds with his flock of sheep. Slowing down to avoid hitting them gave me a chance for this photo.

Highway Travel, India

A larger selection of my work from 2010 is on Flickr.

Photos from 2011 are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment